God Bless the Child, a movie produced by Laura Heberton and Robert John Thomas, with sound design and mixing by Outpost Studio’s Dave Nelson has just been nominated for the Heterodox Award – an award that honors a narrative fiction film that imaginatively incorporates nonfiction strategies, content and/or modes of production.
The five films nominated this year for the Cinema Eye Heterodox Award are:
- God Bless the Child directed by Robert Machoian and Rodrigo Ojeda-Beck
- Tangerine directed by Sean Baker
- Arabian Nights: Volume 1 – The Restless One directed by Miguel Gomes
- Taxi directed by Jafar Panahi
- The Tribe directed by Myroslav Slaboshpytskiy
For the official press release, click here